- First hand knowledge of the projects as the guides have collaborated in the design of some of the visited buildings
- Interior visits to Enric Miralles buildings, among others.
Over more than 20 years, 13 km apart from the city center, in a spot with a hard climatology, the New University Campus of Vigo has been developed, transforming a previous rural area. Several architects, either local or from outside Galicia, planned the new faculties and service facilities. A series of isolated buildings, linked between each other, form an high variated and harmonious architectonic ensemble. Through it we can track the different architectonic trends of the last decades.
This half-day tour is a complete visit to know in detail the University Campus of Vigo, that stands a referent in terms of contemporary architecture.
Start of tour at hotel or Public or central location, meet and greet with the guide. Bus trip towards the Campus.
Economic Law Faculty
– First building of the new Campus strategy – Xoan XXIII Avenue (Alfonso Penela, 1990)
Economic and Business Faculty
– A clearing within the forest- (Alfonso Penela, 1990)
– Introverted single-material building- (Alberto Noguerol and Pilar Díez, 1995)
O Castro Residential Complex
– Formal liberation – (Alfonso Penela, 1998)
Coffee break at Enric Miralles building
Buildings designed Enric Miralles 1998-2007
– Sports building, shopping srea, lecture room building and rectory-
The tour includes visits to the faculties and service buildings of the Campus.
Returning bus trip. End of tour at hotel or central location in Vigo.
Duration: 4 hours
Transport: on foot / bus
Services: experienced local architect as guide, meet and greet at the hotel or a central location, interior visits, and café reservation
Languages: English, Spanish (Please contact us for other languages)
Group size: max. 40 pax
Price per group upon request (Estimation of price per person for a group of 20 pax: 20 euros + 21% VAT. Transport costs and consumptions at café not included)