- Includes interior visit to the City of Culture of Galicia by Peter Eisenman.
- Other buildings by foreign architects such us Álvaro Siza Vieira and John Hedjuk; and Spanish architects such as Andrés Perea, Helio Piñón or César Portela, between others
- Clear introduction to town’s contemporary urban strategy
As we leave the historical city behind us we find new public buildings integrated within green areas that lead us to new residential boroughs and natural surroundings following an integrating planning strategy. In contrast, we will visit the best-known contemporary project of Santiago, the City of Culture designed by Peter Eisenman, which appears as an isolated area as equivalent to the monumental core itself.
Start of tour at hotel or Public Lybrary Ánxel Casal, meet and greet with the guide
New city gate
– The contemporary welcome –
Xoan XXIII Avenue (Piñon y Viaplana, 1994)
Public Library Ánxel Casal (Andrés Perea, 2008)
West valley: education and culture
– Linking new boroughs with representative buildings in green
Interior visit to the Faculty of Journalism (Álvaro Siza, 2000)
SGAE Headquartes in Vista Alegre
– Stones – (Antón García-Abril_Ensamble Studio, 2001)
short bus trip
Community Centre A Trisca
– An active corner – (John, Hejduck 2001)
short bus trip
Coffee break at the City of Culture Canteen
City of Culture of Galicia
– an XXL project- (Peter Eisenman, 1999 – ongoing)
Interior visits of exhibition areas, library, archive and John Hejduck Towers.
Understanding this unfinished complex: the brief, the competition, the project and its future.
End of tour at Galician Centre for Contemporary Art
Duration: 4 hours
Transport: on foot / bus
Services: experienced local architect as guide, meet and greet at the hotel or a central location, interior visits, and café reservation
Languages: English, Spanish (Please contact us for other languages)
Group size: max. 40 pax
Price per group upon request (Estimation of price per person for a group of 20 pax: 20 euros per + 21% VAT. Transport costs and consumptions at café not included)